Director of Sales, Marketing & Real Estate Broker
Results oriented sales professional with experience in optical lens sales, pharmaceutical, contact lenses, capital equipment & commercial real estate.. Have expertise in negotiation, financial analysis, and marketing. Participated and successfully launched four new products to the ophthalmic industry prior to entering real estate. Carter is tenacious, cognizant & possesses strong sales and computer skills. Bilingual Spanish.
C & H Contact lens, Inc. director of sales & marketing ’98-‘12
- Regional Trainer & Successful in tripling sales annually.
- Responsible for writing business plans, executive summaries.
Experience with filing, marketing and sale of Patents.
August 2005 – April ‘17
Carter Helm Associates
¨ Responsible for sales in excess of $40 million of commercial properties annually.
¨ Negotiated for equity on Wal Mart S/Centers, Razor Ranch.
¨ Experienced in recruiting other brokers and agents.
¨ Top sixth producer of total of 89 investment brokers.
¨ Responsible for a number of land transactions along the I-35 corridor, a design build for
CoServ, 202,000 square foot, purchased the land and built the building in eight months under budget.
Grubb & Ellis Commercial Real Estate Broker ’96-’98, Earned top 10 Producer, #2 Retail
Cooper Vision ~ Regional Mgr. Kansas City, Kansas ’81-‘84
Alcon BP Medical Sales Representative ~ Houston ’80-‘81
Burton, Parsons & Co. Regional Manager~ Dallas, Oklahoma, Arkansas ’76-‘80
Responsible for introduction of no heat disinfection for soft lenses, tri state area.
- Graduate work toward MBA in MIS/Finance, Dallas Baptist University
- Post Graduate “International Marketing, Commerce”, College of Business, University of Houston
- Registered Contact Lens Dispenser Texas Dept of Health
- BBA in International Business and Marketing, University of Houston
Presentations & Poster
- Contributed to a publication “Hard Vs Soft Contact Lenses, edited by Joe Soper
- Wrote two manuscripts published by Kathy King, Entrepreneurial Nutritionist.
Professional achievements & memberships
- Certified Contact Lens Technician by NCLE
- Serve on Board of Directors, C & H Contact Lens, Inc
- Member Contact Lens Society of America, CLST, ROATx.
- Licensed Contact Lens Dispenser by Texas Department of Health Services
Married ; 2 grown daughters
Hobbies: Maintain body, mind & spirit by running ’97-’98 New York City Marathons, Dallas White Rock Marathon, San Diego Marathon & 16 Half Marathons.